- Do my packages include travel costs if photos are taken out of town (Edson, Alberta)? – No, packages do not include travel costs. This can be discussed upon booking.
- How many photos will I get? – Number of photos are estimates and depend greatly on the couple and willingness of guests/family to participate in photos. Photo numbers cannot be guaranteed but I do ensure that you receive ALL of the best photos (retouched and corrected). Often you will receive MORE photos than the estimate.
- Can you make me look thinner/prettier/airbrushed? – As much as all photo manipulations are possible in this era, I will not change your appearance. You are beautiful in your own way, and I am here to “Let Your Image Bloom”. Minor alterations can be made to blemishes, tattoos, cuts/scratches/minor scaring, hair/make-up etc. that may have happened before your special day, but I will not change your appearance to change who you are.
- How long will it be before I receive my photos? – My estimate is three weeks, but photos may take longer/shorter depending on how busy I am, and I will give you an estimate on your event day. You will also receive a sneak-peak within 1-2 weeks so you can share a few moments with friends/family. 8 weeks for weddings.
- How will I receive my photos? – Photos will be downloadable on blomphotography.pixieset.com and will be password protected and email verified. Photos will be available to you only for download, but can be shared with friends. Watermarked images are extra and were not included in your package, or are images that I would prefer you share when using social media. USB’s are available upon request, and PST will be charged. You may also purchase a photobook for additional fee. I also offer a store online where you can order prints and artistic works such as canvas or framed prints.
- My image has a watermark on it! – Images with watermark are either 1. duplicates to share on social media or 2. Images not included in your package and available for purchase individually or as an extra package add-on
- What does digitally retouched mean? I only retouch and make minor changes to images for lighting, filters, color enhancements. I will not retouch images to change your weight or looks. Your image is your own and you are beautiful as you are! I will, however, make changes to something like acne, a minor change to a scar (I had this done for my wedding as I have a scar smack dab in the middle of my chest from a poorly done surgery). I had a bride on the morning of the wedding burn her arm on a hair curler right before the ceremony. I was able to remove that burn mark for her. So MINOR changes can be done so please tell me if there is something you are worried about.
- When do I pay? A deposit is required to confirm your date. 50% is required, and the remaining balance on or BEFORE the day of the wedding. You will receive an invoice, and then an invoice to confirm you have paid your deposit and balance.
- Why can’t I download images to my phone? You CAN download to your phone but the images will be lower format and not good for printing. Also, phones get damaged, lost, and outdated quickly so its a good idea to save your images and memories to the Cloud/Drive, and ALSO put on a device like USB, external harddrive, computer etc.
- Can I order printed items: YES! I have a print shop store on pixieset where you can order customizable cards, canvases, artwork, wood prints, metal prints, and more! Just click on SHOP in your album and order away! All orders will be made and shipped directly to you. The exception is the photobooks where I customize and make them for you and have them printed. I will either deliver them or mail them to you separately. Photobooks can take up to 3 weeks to be made and delivered. Other printed items depend on the product ordered.
- Do I have to use your shop? No, you can download your images and print them yourself at home.
- Will I receive sneak peaks? YES! I will post sneak peaks on social media like Facebook and Instagram @blomphotography . Follow my accounts to see them posted and tag your friends.
What if I do not have social media, or do not want my images online? Please let me know if this is the case. I do try to ask but if this is a huge concern, please tell me in advance! If you want to approve the picture in advance, but you are okay with it being posted, also let me know. Sometimes clients just want to see the photo first or are okay with themselves but not children etc. Because photography businesses are primarily social media based and word of mouth, posting images online is one of the main ways I get business. So, if you are okay with me posting images, I appreciate being able to show my work and share your day.
14. What happens if the event is canceled? Sometimes unforeseen circumstances occur, and events are canceled, or photographers get sick. If the event is canceled, then I will reimburse HALF of the deposit. Because I must book dates in advance it prevents me booking other clients during that time so I cannot reimburse all of the deposit. If I am sick, then I will let you know and do my best to attend unless of course I am not allowed because of Health Alberta/ Canada guidelines then I cannot break the law. I apologize. I will do my best to mask and maintain distance for minor ailments and be there for the day. If it is impossible, then I will try to find another photographer to come in my place. If there is absolutely NO WAY, then you will be 100% refunded. Let’s just hope this never happens! If events need to be rescheduled, please notify me immediately so we can plan.
15. Is it Blom or Bloom? It is Blom. One O. This is a Dutch family name and comes from Bloem or bloemen which means blossom or to bloom.
16. Can I recommend you to others? What other sessions do you do? Please do! I am on Facebook and Instagram. I do maternity, engagements, pets, family, graduations, events and more. I do not currently do studio photography as I do not have the space which means indoor Newborn sessions are not available. I can do summertime family/newborn sessions but not the indoor sessions. I also make gowns, flying dresses, and lace boho looks for sale and rental. You can get married or have your session in one of my dresses for that epic adventure look. See my posts for some of the dresses. I am always working on some new ones.